To Israel And Beyond

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The OTHER MTA

So the Metropolitan Transportation Authority is on strike now.

Meaning that everything in the city is going to be wierd.
Buses and Subways are not running
Taxis are using differnt fares
Cars to get through some places must have at least 4 passangers
Schools are opening late

So besides of the MTA- MTA connection... how does this effect me?

Well first of all to get into MTA(Bnei Akiva Program) I need an interview, but I can't get ot the rabbi who is interviewing becuase of the MTA strike.

Also right now, this might effect my shabbat plans. I could get paid $50 to go to a smll shule in an isolated place in the bronx and do a little kriyat ha'torah and who knows what... with transport provided. Or if the MTA is not on strike any longer, I will want to go to Riverdale. Sure I can walk to Riverdale or bike in the sub-zero temperatures, thats not the issue. But Kyra Young of Queens would have no good way of getting to Riverdale, so if she isn't coming to Riverdale then I have to think about taking the "job."

The strike will probibly affect me in other ways, we just have to see how long it goes on

1 Comments:

At 12/21/2005 11:04 AM, Blogger Kyra said...

Haha! Nice google plug-in there for me. : )
I had to sign up and create a blog just to comment this.. grrr.
This is like the fifth site I've signed up to this past week. Craziness.

But I am really sorry about your Gush interview. Did you speak to him? Is there a way anyone can give you a ride or visa versa?!
Maybe you can have a phone interview... ?

P.s. Don't not do sniff because...well, you know what I'm going to say.
But if you do have a chance to make a shul a bit more "lively"...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home